Monday, March 23, 2009

Anime of the Week: Death Note デスノート Desu Nōto

I can’t remember why I started watching Death Note----I don’t remember anyone recommending it to me BUT damn am I glad I watched this anime. I think I finished it within 3 days ----all 37 episodes if I had anytime free in the day it was spent watching Death Note. Now, I know that the anime is an adaption based on the manga series written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. I haven’t read the MAnga so I couldn’t say if the adaptation is any good and you know what I don’t care!!!!! I watched the anime and based on what I saw I thought what a TERRIFIC story----absolutely freaking awesome.

So if you haven’t yet watched Death Note----don’t wait any longer and take this post as motivation for you to watch it NOW!!!! The story begins when a shinigami named Ryuk (death god) is bored in his world and looking for some entertainment throws his Death Note into the human realm. The Death Note is a notebook owned by the Death Gods and it has the power to take human life once a person’s name is written on its pages. This book happens to fall into the hands of a Yagami Light, a clever high school student who is also suffering from boredom BUT he has a strong belief in justice. He decides he’ll use the Death Note to rid the world of criminals BUT in doing so he becomes entangled in a web with the world’s greatest detective L on his trail.

Watch IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment