Sunday, January 4, 2009

Anime Song of the Week: Nightmare- レゾンデートル (Raison d'etre)

This weeks anime song is taken from Claymore (sorry am yet too finish this anime) and was released on 6 June 2007.

Wanna know more about the BAnD (if no scroll down to play video).
Artist Information : Yomi - Vocals, Sakito - Guitar, Hitsugi - Guitar, Ni~Ya - Bass, Ruka - Drums

Nightmare originated in Sendai and was originally created by guitarists Sakito and Hitsugi in early January 2000. With the release of their Jiyuu Honpo Tenshi Ranman maxi in February 2002 their sound has evolved from death metal to a more jazzy, rock n roll sound with a bit of synth making a more Indie sounding band. In 2004 they released their 1st Nightmare DVD and maxi under their insanity-ridden alter egos Sendai Kamotsu (also the same name as their fanclub) and they also released their first full album, Libido and a PV collection. In 2006 the WORLD/Alumina (double A side single) was used as both the OP and END themes for the anime DEATH NOTE. In 2007 they had more success and following the release of their fourth album “World Ruler” and their rock ballad single titled “Raison d’Etre” which was released on 6 June 2007 was used as OP theme to the anime, Claymore. The band was still going strong in 2008 and on December 3, 2008, they released another single titled "NAKED LOVE," which will be the ending theme to 魍魎の匣 (Mōryō no Hako).

Aside from appearing on TV shows, magazine covers, and concerts, they also have a radio program with NACK 5 called "Jack in the Box!". Yomi and Hitsugi usually host the show. However, Sakito, Ni~ya, and Ruka do pop in from time to time, as well as this all the members have a monthly column in different music magazines.

Enough of the Information overload already - so click play to here the song of the week

Alright, so I lied a little....there is more!!! If you're feeling in da mood for Karoake. Lyrics are below!!!


Ah ikutsumono yoru wo koeta
kootta yume to kieyuku namida
Warm me, Warm me, Wrap me

Ichido subete wo wasureta hazuna no ni
Hito wo aisenai kono mi ga nikui

Dokomade aruitemo owari ga mienai
Kako no kioku wo michizure ni
Kono mi wa nani iro ni somariyuku no darou
Kotae wo sagashiteiru

Mou modoranai ketsubetsu no hi
Fukaku nezashita kizu wa kienai
Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Ryoute ni mochikirenai hodo no hoshikuzu
Hitotsu, mata hitotsu sora ni kaeshite

Yowakute mijimena jibun wa ano koro
Nani mo shirazu ni ikiteita
Soredemo itsudemo asu wo yume mite wa
Yubiori kazoeteita

Ikiru imi nado shiranai mama de ii
Itsuka waraeru hi ga kuru naraba

Ano hi, anata no kotoba hitotsu de
Tsuyoku nareru kigashita yo
"Nani mo kawaranai de ima no mama de ii"

Imademo kokoro no dokoka ni anata ga iru kara
Mayowazu ni aruite ikeru
Owari ga mienakute mo ii to omoeta yo
Tabi yuku ETORANJE kotae wa shiranakute ii



OoooH You wanna know what it all means....Yes I have English Translation Thanks to ://honey-hate.livejournal.com/3861.html#cutid1

English Translation

Ah, I’ve passed so many nights with frozen dreams and faded tears

Warm me, Warm me, Wrap me

Even if I should have forgotten everything for a while this hateful body

it can’t love anyone no matter how far I keep walking

I can’t see the end past’s memories in a travelling companion

What colours will this body be stained in?

I’m searching for the answers I can’t go back to the day we parted again

The scars coming from deep within won’t disappear

Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Stars I ripped out with both hands one

I’ll send one back to the sky again

That time, I was weak and miserable I lived without knowing anything

But still, I always dreamt of tomorrow I counted the days on my fingers such things like the meaning of life 

It’s ok if you don’t know them When a day comes when you can laugh

That day, in just one of your words I had the feeling I could become strong

"Don’t change anything, It’s good how it is now" (you said) and even now because you are there,

somewhere in my heart, I can carry on walking unconfused

You taught me it’s ok even if I couldn’t see the end

So I’ll carry on my journey as an outsider




No comments:

Post a Comment