Sunday, May 24, 2009

Anime of the Week - Nodame Cantabile - ZOMG のだめカンタービレ so Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me introduce you to one of the funniest anime I've watched in a while---Nodame Cantabile!!!!!  The main character is a pianist and her name is Noda Megumi but she insists on being called NODAME and despite being a total loon, lousy cook and the messiest girl you'll probably meet she is also the funniest.  I'm only 6 episodes into this 23 episode anime BUT from what I've seen so far it's absolutely HILARIOUS.

The story evolves around music and this is the first music based anime I've watched and I'm enjoying it immensely!!!  Nodame is a brilliant pianist and her playing catches the ears of the school heartthrob, Chiaki Shinichi who quite surprisingly didn't realise that he lived next door to Nodame.  Chiaki is extremely arrogant and his over confidence gets him demoted to what can be described as the REJECT class and with this demotion his life changes.  He meets Nodame and he becomes her MAID ..hahahaa and decides to pursue his childhood dream of becoming a composer.  Will he accomplish this goal, will he fall in love with Nodame---what is going to happen---I don't know BUT i want to find out.

All in all it's a slice of life anime based around music--so if you like this type of anime, classical music and jokes on top of jokes on top of barrels of fun and laughter---then watch this anime.  If you're having a bad day and you watch this anime---it won't last for long!!!!! I'll do a small update once I've completed watching the other 17 episodes.

Instead of a trailer---here is a clip of a scene (SPOILER) but only 30 secs and I haven't seen this part yet either!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment