Sunday, January 18, 2009

Zombie Loan ゾンビローン


An anime about zombies, well I thought they'd be lots of blood, mindless zombies gourging on human flesh like McDonalds happy meals, slurping blood like a strawberry milkshake!!! Maybe I didn't expect that much blood and guts BUT that is usually what springs into my warped mind when I think of Zombies. Nothing like Resident Evil in this anime BUT i don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

The anime itself is supposedly 11 episodes long but in fact there are a further 2 episodes which if we do the maths together makes 13. It has an interesting idea behind the story in that if you die you can be loaned time from the Wheel of Fate Organisation (WFO) and become a self conscious Zombie. The story itself focuses around Michiru Kita a girl who has Shinigami Eyes (no she isn't Misa Misa from Deathnote) but she can see a black ring around your neck which identifies you as a Zombie. I will throw in some additional details on this point---so in fact the ring around your neck appears a faint hint of grey marking you as destined for death in say approximately 3 days. Now unless you've been given a contract by the WFO (ferryman who is employee of said organisation, wow so informative) you are an illegal zombie and they must send you on your way, yes, your loan must be terminated i.e. DEATH awaits.

She accidently befriends two zombies---Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana who have loaned some extra time and in exchange they HUNT zombies. Yes, they kill their own kind.

Do I think this a great anime? In short the answer is NO!!!! But it's definitely watchable. I have a few problems with this anime and I am going to give you my opinion. Remember I am one person and it's important that you always follow your own mind. So this is what I think-----the anime has a good story idea but it doesn't do it any justice. The anime itself is incomplete and allegedly it was meant to have 20 episodes and this could explain why it ends abruptly!!!!! There are a lot of pointless characters and if they did have a point they certaintly weren't given the opportunity to share it with the audience (yep, ME!!!!). I was disappointed because it seems that the anime was rushed together and that the plot and subplots were left floating which left me with an empty feeling.

I don't wish to say too much and totally RUIN this anime for you. So I say watch IT and see if you agree or disagree!!!!

On a good note, the opening song is totally awesome. It's by The BIrthday and it's called Ookami no Nodo. Please enjoy the live performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment