Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Anime of the Week: Wolf's Rain (LATE EDITION)


I’m behind the times!!!! I went on a mini vacation on Friday and came home yesterday and then it dawns on me…you didn’t do the ANIME OF THE WEEK post for what is now last week’s choice. GOMEN.

Last week’s choice was Wolf’s Rain and I haven’t finished this one yet BUT so far I think it’s pretty awesome. This is mainly because I love wolves as an animal and I love anime and Wolf’s Rain is a combination of the two which equal *YAY*. So, after watching 10 episodes I’m totally besotted with one of the main characters, Kiba!!!! I’m not one for totally ruining the story of an anime –so hear is a brief summary.


The story is set in a futuristic time and a prophecy exists relating to wolves and how when the end of the world arrives---paradise will appear but only WOLVES will be able to access paradise. The wolves are thought to be extinct but this appears untrue. The appearance of Kiba and his determination to find paradise has enticed a few more wolves out of hiding and caused the awakening of the mysterious flower maiden, Cheza (the one in the picture)!!!

Well, like I said I’m still watching and I’m hoping they find paradise and that Cheza shows them the way. After watching the 10 episodes I find the story intriguing and quite eerie. The strong leader of the pack, Kiba is my favourite but the story seems to focus on living for a purpose and Kiba’s is to return to paradise. I like the fact that the story is about wolves and not werewolves!!!!! It has shown what can happen when one forgets to follow one’s dreams, loss, loneliness, betrayal and I can tell from this far in the anime that after the other 20 episodes (including OVAs) I’m going to be in tears.

Watch out for the update!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment